I recently had the pleasure of reading 212◦ The Extra Degree by Sam Parker and Mac Anderson. Their inspiring and uplifting concept is built around the premise that just one solitary degree separates water from simply being hot to generating enough steam to power a train.
Take a minute to think about this. One degree could be what it takes for your community to separate from the competition. One degree could be what it takes for your individual performance to go from status quo to superstar. One degree could be what it takes to go from ordinary to extraordinary.
Think what would happen if everyone in your organization took their performance up one degree – making an extra effort in every task, action and endeavor they undertake. It could be as simple as:
- Remembering a prospect’s birthday or anniversary and acknowledging it.
- Going out of your way to check in with a resident who just moved in to ensure they’re settled and happy.
- Remembering certain treats a resident’s grandchildren like and having them on hand when they visit next.
- Making five extra prospecting calls a day.
- Calling or e-mailing photos to an adult child to let them know what their parent did that day.
It’s human nature to remember those small things, and those small things make you and your organization truly stand out – even be worth talking about to others. We promise it pays itself forward in a variety of ways.
At GlynnDevins, we’ve adopted this philosophy as part of our agency culture, and even award a one-degree recipient at our monthly agency meetings – just one more way we can salute those who continue to find unique and creative ways to turn up the heat.
So how will you take it up one degree today? We’d love to hear your examples.